Urban Enterprise is seeking to appoint an Urban Economist and/or Spatial Analyst to join our growing team of planners, economists and tourism specialists.
The successful candidate will have completed an undergraduate or Masters Degree in a built environment or commerce discipline, such as commerce, property, geography or urban planning. We will also consider candidates currently undertaking their final year of an equivalent Masters Degree. Part time hours can be negotiated for such students.
The successful candidate will have excellent analytic, numeric, written and communication skills. The candidate must display a strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
The following skills and competencies are desirable:
- Excellent numeracy skills and ability to interpret, analyse and present data.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and spatial skills.
- Understanding of statistics and strong competency using Microsoft Excel and any other statistics programs.
- Understanding of economic and property market principles.
- Familiarity and competency using geo-spatial tools, especially GIS programs and databases.
- Attention to detail, especially in terms of data, quantitative analysis and spatial analysis.
To express your interest in the position, please forward your CV with a covering letter to Paul Shipp (Director): email@example.com by 5pm Thursday 25 February. Early applications are encouraged.